Champagne Tasting Notes:
Pale gold in colour with a delicate and complex nose, with hints of citrus and white fruits. Fresh and easy on the palate, with a creamy mousse and notes of honeysuckle, ripe peach, citrus and a slight toasty note on the finish. Well balanced with a fresh acidity. A perfect aperitif.
Ingredients: Smoked Salmon Puffs , 15 – 20 Serving
Pate a Choux ( Puffs ) – Frozen from the Market
- 227 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 227 g smoked salmon
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- For the smoked salmon filling, first place the softened cream cheese into a mixer bowl and whisk on medium speed for a few minutes, until the cheese is creamy and smooth. Add in the chilled heavy cream and salt and whisk again on medium-high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Chop the smoked salmon into pea-sized pieces and finely chop the dill. Add the salmon, dill and paprika into the cream filling and fold thoroughly with a spatula. Transfer the filling into a plastic bag or pastry bag for easier filling.
- For filling the salmon puffs, gently open the puff shell and fill it entirely with the smoked salmon filling, then gently close. Add extra cream so it's visible from the outside. Keep the puffs refrigerated if not serving right away. These savory profiteroles are great to make ahead of time, too! Just fill them, place into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.