Aged in European oak sherry casks and new oak casks, mellowed in our unique Solera Vat, a large oak tun inspired by the sherry bodegas of Spain and Portugal.
Taste: Silky smooth, revealing layers of sherry oak, marzipan, cinnamon and ginger. Full-bodied and bursting with flavor.
Enjoyed: Neat at room temperature.
Pairing: Mediterranean Baked Chicken, Banana Honey Cake, Crème brûléeSHOP NOW
Mediterranean Baked Chicken
Here’s what you need for this one pan Mediterranean Baked Chicken Dinner:
- Chicken – thighs and drumsticks (bone in, skin on = juicy flesh and golden skin!)
- Lemons, lots of garlic, paprika and oregano – to make the tasty Mediterranean sauce;
- Honey and mustard – to thicken/sweeten/flavour the sauce;
- Potatoes, onion and cherry tomatoes
How to make this One Pan Chicken Dinner
Obscenely simple: mix Sauce, toss in chicken, optional marinade, toss it all in a pan and bake.
I add cherry tomatoes partway through the bake time so they don’t turn into unidentifiable mush. But if you’re ok with extremely squishy tomatoes, just add them right in at the beginning!
And here’s what you end up with in this one pan Mediterranean Chicken Dinner:
1. Very, very juicy chicken infused with Mediterranean flavours -the chicken isn’t submerged in sauce because we want the skin to go nice and golden. But the underside is partially in the sauce / steamed which keeps it ultra juicy.
2. Juicy pops of cherry tomatoes and potatoes that suck up the lemon garlic sauce:
Another nice thing about this chicken dinner is that marinating is optional. It definitely adds flavour if you can marinate overnight because then the chicken is flavoured all the way through.