Wine Tasting Notes: Of intense and persistent fruity bouquet, flavour develops sinuously, subtle notes of vanilla coming through in the end. Warm palate with soft tannins, “Collezione Oro” reveals himself in velvety shades, rich in structure, with a long aftertaste. Serve it at 18°C with roasts, pasta with spicy sauce or barbecue.
Ingredients: Spicy Penne Arrabiata - 6 serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-pound penne rigate
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 26.42-ounce container chopped tomatoes, such as Pomi
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Block of Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add kosher salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta. Cook about 9 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat until the oil starts to shimmer. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, red chile flakes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the chopped basil.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano flakes and more basil and serve warm.